RAIN RFID Mission
To enable businesses and consumers to identify, locate, authenticate, and engage items in our everyday world.
RAIN RFID Vision
A future where everyday things are part of a connected world … like raindrops to the sea
RAIN has a set of Bylaws that we follow – you can read them here – 2017-02-02 RAIN Operating Rules-Final.
Goals and Objectives
Evangelize RAIN RFID
- Promote RAIN RFID to be the consumer term for UHF RFID technology and promote universal interoperability.
- Connect members with end users
- Present RAIN RFID at events to increase membership and awareness
- Provide information about UHF RFID and assist companies in finding implementation partners
Promote member and market solutions
- Industry statistics
- Quarterly newsletter
- Yearly industry report
- Work with industry members to develop tools that can be used to measure ROI on RFID projects
Protect the RAIN RFID trademarks and brand
- Authorize the use of the RAIN RFID logo and brand
- Referrals to legal counsel with RAIN experience
- Member-supported and accessible repository of expired patents and other public information
Grow the RAIN RFID industry
- RAIN Alliance members collaborate to develop RAIN RFID solutions for a variety of applications across many different vertical markets.
- Work with universities in the education of students on the design and use of RAIN RFID, and the development of startup companies that can fill a void that is not met by current technologies and suppliers
Members of the alliance will get access to:
- Joint industry events
- RAIN RFID marketing
- Market reports
- Data sources
- Member learnings and white papers
- Member products
- …and more