Healthcare Benefits of RAIN
RAIN RFID technology provides an automated and reliable data capture system that helps enable hundreds of healthcare applications to improve patient safety, manage surgical instruments, support staff and patient work ow, automate replenishment and billing, authenticate quality and sterilization processes, manage medical equipment location and automate supply chain management.
- Higher inventory visibility and accuracy
- Effective recall management
- Improve patient safety and care
- Autommate payments and increase profitability
- Reduce product expiration, shrinkage and waste
- Decrease supply chain and equipment costs
- Reduce hospital-acquired infections
- Prevent medical errors due to misidentification
“RAIN RFID is an enabling technology that saves lives, prevents errors, saves costs and increases efficiencies. Many parts of the healthcare industry have already experienced these benefits as shown by the market growth rate of 35% each year through 2020.”IDTechEx
Rain Healthcare Case Studies
UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE
capture 30% using
smart trash bins
in the OR.
ST. ELIZABETH HOSPITAL
Saved $1.3M with stent
intelligent cabinets by
reducing inventory by 50%
and enabling daily orders.
RADY CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
Decreased staff time
by 15 minutes/tray
for daily medication tray
restocking of ~200 trays.
Enabled $0 carrying costs
for hospital clients through
Achieved 100% medication
tray restocking accuracy
and saved ~659 hours
of annual staff time.
Saved $96K in medication
inventory and increased
revenue by $750K – $1M with
improved medication use data.
HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF RAIN IN HEALTHCARE
Join the RAIN RFID Alliance and shape the future of RAIN in healthcare. Membership is open to companies and organizations, including: hospitals, pharmaceutical and life sciences, distributors, manufacturers, software developers, solution providers and academics.
- Contribute to working group related documentation
- Actively participate in reviews
- Meet the participation requirements as stated in
the working group charter for conference calls and