The agenda and presentations from the meeting are listed here:
- Introduction and Update to RAIN – Steve Halliday, RAIN president
Learn about RAIN, what we are doing and how to get involved.
- Regulatory overview about RFID 860-960 MHz in Asia – Jacques Hulshof, Approbation Officer, Nedap
An overview of the rules and regulations in some countries in Asia. It includes telecom organization, pricing, non- or local testing, needing a local representative, lead time, expiration of certificate, frequencies, power and a lot more.
- RAIN RFID V2+Crypto Conformance and Performance Testing – Josef Preishuber-Pflügl, CTO, Business Manager RFID+RFComm, CISC Semiconductor
This session will cover latest developments in standardization of conformance and performance tests due to RAIN RFID V2, which means GS1 EPC Gen 2v2, ISO 18000-63REV1 and ISO/IEC 29167 Crypto.
- Ensuring quality of RFID systems: Tag and reader development, system design and manufacturing – Teemu Ainasoja, Product Manager, Voyantic Ltd.
The presentation describes some common challenges effecting RFID system quality, and available methods for optimizing the system performance.
- Recent progress in locating RAIN tags – Hajime Kamiya, CEO, RFLocus Inc.
As read distance of RAIN tags increase continuously, there will be more demand to locate them. This session introduces recent phase based technique to locate RAIN tags quickly.