This document provides the rules, obligations, and encodings of the RAIN Alliance Inc. company identification code (RAIN CIN), allowing
- the RAIN Alliance Inc., as a company identification code (CIN) issuing agency, to meet all the responsibilities, as specified by ISO/IEC 15459, for issuing agencies, and
- the legal entity (Entity) assigned a RAIN CIN to ensure its RAIN CIN is valid and current.
The RAIN Alliance Inc. has been issued an issuing agency code (IAC) “XRA” in accordance with ISO/IEC 15459.
The aim of the RAIN CIN is to ensure and future-proof RAIN RFID as one of the prominent methods to:
- automatically identify items,
- optionally obtain item specific and related information, for
- appropriate actions, by
- optimizing the RAIN CIN encoding for RAIN RFID use, while
- maintaining interoperability with other standardized automated identification technologies.
The RAIN CIN shall be encoded in compliance with acknowledged open standards. The encoding of the RAIN CIN is to:
- optimize the selection and filtering of tags of interest for the reading application,
- optimize the tag memory space to store the encoded RAIN CIN, and
optimize to identify the RAIN tag and access optional information from the RAIN tag.
2. What Number Do I Need?