Healthcare is a complex sector that encompasses a broad spectrum of markets, such as healthcare facilities, pharmaceutical products, medical device, and medical supply manufacturers and distributors, biologic and laboratory samples, and more. These categories within healthcare have unique challenges when it comes to tracking critical medication, assets, consumables, patients, staff, and more. In fact, there are hundreds of item tracking use cases throughout the healthcare sector and related markets. While these use cases vary greatly, they often rely on manual processes for tracking items, patients, or staff. These manual processes drain resources, increase costs and errors, which can negatively affect patient care and safety.
RAIN RFID is an automation tool that can leverage the Internet of Things (IoT) to connect physical objects and important information by:
- Connecting physical objects and critical information to provide actionable visibility of usage, location, expiration dates, lot/batch, and recall status
- Providing access to powerful data that can help shape business decisions and increase revenue
- Eliminating medication errors to improve patient care and safety
- Reducing unnecessary manual processes to enhance clinician efficiency
- Reducing cost by optimizing inventory levels of high-value medical devices and pharmaceuticals, facilitating auto replenishment and enabling remote consignment management
- Reducing manual labor and streamlining regulatory compliance by transforming the way tissues and biologics inventory is managed
- Reducing diversion by providing narcotic and controlled substance dispensing accountability
- Ensuring medication efficacy by reducing counterfeiting
All leading to a better healthcare system and patient outcomes.